Sunday, July 30, 2006

July

July has been an interesting month. I've run around with Amber, traveling around Europe, to give her a flavour of this place - while, at the same time, refreshing my own memory of my real home.

It doesn't feel like home. Although I'm living with my parents again, their move to a new house has really changed how I feel about coming back. For the first time in my life, it's not my house anymore, but my parent's house - somewhere that, while I am welcome here, I still feel like a guest.

I think I underestimated how hard it was going to be, moving in with my family again. My parents are easy going and easy to live with, especially more so than most people's, but it is still hard breaking out from the parent and child relationship. My sister has never been easy to get on with, and since I have been back we have prooked each other a lot. If I am honest, it has been nice living away from them all and having my own space this year. I don't think any of us were ready for the changes that have happened.

I think I just need to make sure I get out lots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home